We hold one of the UK's largest stocks of Blackout Drapes.
These are ideal for a wide range of purposes including prevention of light ingress, and avoiding noise pollution and adverse room acoustics. They can also be used effectively as decoration. These blackout drapes come in a wide range of sizes to suit venues from small rooms up to the largest event spaces such as the NEC and Wembley Arena, both of which we have provided drapery to major productions.
Our blackout drapes present significant benefits to the acoustics of any venue. By using a thick wool serge drape, mid and upper range frequncies of sound are absorbed. This is of huge benefit when you want to limit the adverse environmental impacts associated with loud performances.
We often provide these blackout drapes to events where a high level of sound seperation is required between different event spaces. This is ideal if you are having a conference and need to create seperate breakout rooms within a large event space.
More info on Event Drapery
In response to needs of clients needing to dress large venues for events we have increased stocks of blackout drapes and starcloth.
Blackout Drape Spec
Our Blackout Drapes are made from 500GSM wool serge and feature the following properites:
- Complete light blackout, including stopping broad daylight
- Effective for acoustic treatment and featuring a high absorbtion coefficient, especially at higher frequencies
- Our drapes have both ties and clips on two sides - allowing for a variety of rigging methods
- We stock a wide range of sizes and shapes including 3mx5m, 10mx4m, 20mx4m, 12mx5m and 6mx4m
- We can hang a drop of up to 20m - meaning we can do all the UKs largest venues
Starcloth is a black fabric with many lights shining through; giving an impression of a night sky. It is an excellent way of dressing the back of stages or as a base decorative fabric. In recent years starcloth has become a base effect onto which other fabrics, set pieces and lighting may be used. Our starcloth features:
- LED lamps with a medium-warm colour temperature
- Base fabric of 500gsm black wool serge - thus matching standard blackout drape
- Full blackout capabilities
To discuss your draping needs please get in contact with one of our experienced producers.