Microphones for Live Sound & Concert Production
SXS has a professional and dedicated sound operation. A major part of this is having the right microphone for the right job.
Along with other professional concert audio companies we have a very diverse and specialist stock of morphones. We have specialist microphones for every type of instrument. These, along with high quality components throughout the signal chain make for excellent sound production and recinformance. All of the following mics are available for use on our stage sound productions:
- Sennheiser E865 - Bright and rich vocal mic, ideal for female vocalists.
- Sennheiser E835 - Bright and rich vocal mic, ideal for female vocalists.
- Sennheiser E614 - Super-cardioid condenser mic for full-spectrum and high SPL uses.
- Sennheiser E609 - Super-cardioid condenser mic for full-spectrum and high SPL uses.
- Sennheiser E604 - Clip-on drum mic, ideally for toms and bongos.
- Sennheiser E608 - Clip-on condenser mic, ideally for use with saxophones, and other horn instruments.
- AKG D112 - Popular kick drum mic. This is one of the two (along with the Beta91) which we are regularly asked for.
- Shure SM57 - Legendary general purpose instrument mic. We typically use these for guitar amps.
- Shure SM58 - The legendary vocal mic. Picture a microphone and you are imagaining an SM58! These are good for backing singers. We dont tend to use these for lead vocals as much these days as there is better kit out there.
- Shure Beta 58 - Our favourite vocal mic. Detailed, clear, accurate and able to withstand the loudest of singers.
- Shure Beta57 - The newer, cleaner, brighter version of the SM57. This is one of our favourites.
- Shure Beta91 - The alternative to the D112 for kick-drum mics
- Rode NT5 - Good general use condenser, popular for overhead (cymbals and snare) usage.
- Ramsa Condensers
- Condenser Mic
We provide high quality microphones for all productions, no matter what the size or scale of the event.
For more information on Audio Engineering go to www.aes.org