The 20th Anniversary of SXS
In August 1998 SXS was first established as a promoter of under-18s parties and mobile discos. Since then SXS has grown into a flourishing, multimillion pound, mature and sophisticated business.
The company is a UK leader in high-end event production and AV services. Working with top brands and on the most demanding projects, SXS is a true innovator in the design, events and experiential space.
While the origins of the business may appear far removed from where it is today, the core values and approach have never changed. Technical excellence, straight-talking business dealings, a relentless focus on customer service, commitment to attracting and developing the best staff and ferocious competitiveness have always underpinned the culture of SXS.
2018 is our 20th year and we will be celebrating this in a number of ways – the most obvious being our 20-year anniversary logo.
Our key milestones include:
- 1998 – founder arrives in the UK from rural Tasmania.
- 1998 – SXS set up to promote under-18s parties and provide mobile discos in the UK south in order to fund production equipment purchasing.
- 2000 – SXS start to win major production contracts.
- 2002 – SXS team undertake work at major London venues including Claridges, Park Lane Hilton and The Grosvenor.
- 2007 – SXS acquire the freehold of their own warehouses which marks a step change in credibility and staff engagement.
- 2008 – SXS are awarded their first six-figure production contract, which marks their entrance into the upper-tier of the UK production industry.
- 2010 – SXS finally achieves million-pound turnover. A major benchmark in growth.
- 2010 – SXS become an early innovator in "Project Mapping" which underpins many major creative designs to the present day
- 2011 – SXS provides its first transparent dancefloor over a pool. A first in the UK and subsequently a service entirely unique to SXS. 2012 – SXS wins major Olympic contracts awarded from a range of international clients.
- 2012 – Major contract wins on London 2012 Olympics which trigger staff, equipment and capability growth
- 2013 – SXS develop and refine HOLOX holographic services and the Hudor water screens – creating entirely new ways of presenting content in a live environment.
- 2014 – SXS becomes the largest UK stockist of high-resolution LED video wall – a game changer in presentation technology.
- 2014 – SXS grow out of their warehouse and acquire two more freehold properties. This results in a huge leap in capacity, service offering and pre-build capability.
- 2015 – SXS produce possibly the most innovative event production in UK history - the Coors Light Ice Bar
- 2016 – SXS Studio is established to provide in-house motion graphics, film production and animation services.
- 2016 – SXS provide production for the European leg of the largest comedy tour in world history across multiple UK and European arena venues – Kevin Hart’s What Now tour.
- 2017 – SXS continue to invest in market leading technology including battery powered lighting, hybrid lighting, Dante audio control and Cat-A motors.
- 2017 – SXS acquire the remaining warehouses on the trading estate, which allows for fast expansion into additional space when projects require.
- 2017 – SXS are finalists in both Trinity Mirror “Business of the year Award” and Business Leader “Business of the year Award”.
- 2018 – SXS awarded multiple multi-year contracts – a testament to clients seeing a need to create long-term engagement with their trusted event partner.
- 2018 – SXS double their stock of LED wall, including the purchase of curved LED wall.
- 2018 - SXS launch the revolutionary "SolCell" system which brings a level of sustainable energy production to events never seen before