ICC Birmingham Production
We have worked at the ICC (O2 Arena) and Symphony Hall in Birmingham many times. The events have ranged from live concert tours to digital media presentations.
The ICC has several event spaces which all have their own strengths. For example Hall 1 is one of the best presentation spaces we have ever worked in - it is acoustically treated, has a good sound system and the stage construction is as good as the best theatres in Europe. Adjacent to the ICC is the symphony hall which is a conventional Concert Hall and ideal for live orchestral and other performances.
Having worked in both spaces on a range of project we can vouch for the quality of the spaces. This page has been drafted to give potential clients an idea of the kind of services we can provide for their events at the venues, as well as share our experience of how to best use the space.
Services from SXS for events at the venues within the ICC/O2 we can provide:
- Full production design including 3D visualisation of the design
- Concert audio for bands, spoken word and orchestras
- Rigging for concerts and exhibitions
- Stage set design and drapery to make the stage perfect for your event
- Stage and presentation lighting including effect lights and intelligent effects
- Special effects such as our unique HOLOX Holographic effect
- Live performance support including sound desks, mics, foldback and backline
Benefits to The ICC/O2:
- There are several benefits of using The O2 for your event:
- Choice of the venues - there are so many spaces within the complex you will certainly find one that is perfect
- Power - The venue has excellent power available for larger productions
- Excellent Rigging - most of the venues have excellent rigging in place
- Location - by not being in London The ICC has various cost benefits. It is also in the heart of Birmingham
- Food outlets - the venue has a range of restaurants and cafes which are great for guests and staff alike
Some advice on working at The ICC and Symphony Hall:
- The venues have considerable production equipment already in place. So as to get the most out of your budget try to use the existing equipment as much as possible.
- Rigging - remember to budget for rigging cost for events in the O2 Arena
- CAD and floorplans - it will be essential for your event to have a scaled drawing of all production, furniture etc
- Choosing suppliers - it is always advisable to choose suppliers that have worked at the venue before as they understand the requirements of the space.